We are currently seeking an education intern to support the education and engagement programs at Weir River Farm in Hingham, MA. Interns will focus on a broad spectrum of projects including assisting with the development of educational materials & curriculum, and assisting with the implementation of field trips and preschool programs. These are unpaid internships available to incorporate into existing college/university intern programs.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist staff with school field trips and family programs at Weir River Farm.
* Assist with school, youth and family programs and drop-in weekend programs and public events
* Design lesson plans based on farm education and create any coinciding materials, develop self-guided activities for visitors, and create visitor experience materials (posters, flyers, activity kits, handouts, and signage). Themes usually complement seasonal trends in nature and farm life, such as the harvest season, bird migration, winter wildlife preparation, and local conservation efforts
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* At least 18 years of age
* Experience interacting with people of all ages, interests, and backgrounds
* Demonstrate creativity, reliability, flexibility, and enthusiasm as well as strong oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of agriculture and comfort with livestock are a plus, but not required
* Experience with outdoor activities such as birding and plant identification * Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's)
* Valid driver’s license
* First aid & CPR certified preferred
* Must have means of transportation
Compensation and Benefits
This is an unpaid internship.
Time Commitment Needed
Dates of Internship: April - June 2018; 10-15 hours per week; some evenings and weekends required.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org; No phone calls please.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- April - June 2018; 10-15 hours per week
- CPR certification preferred but not required
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Communications Intern - Francis...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Invasive Species Control...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Communications Intern - Bradley...
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Communications Outreach...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Winterlude Festival - Rocky Woods
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...