Dog volunteers provide walks to our adoptable dogs!
- Ensure every canine resident who is able to go on a walk gets to go on a walk and enjoy the fresh air!
- If all dogs are walked, assist with cleaning kennels and other shelter duties as needed.
- Comfortable handling dogs of all ages, sizes, and temperaments.
- Able to follow handling and sanitation protocols
- Able to read kennel cards
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Able work independently
Commitment: 1 shift per week for 6+ months
How to get started:
Please visit the volunteer page to download a volunteer application and sign up for a volunteer orientation: http://www.ci.antioch.ca.us/CityGov/Police/AntiochAnimalSvcs/volunteering.htm
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours/week