We are looking for volunteers who speak Spanish to tutor a small group of immigrants workers in computer literacy in Mountain View. The class is a fun learning environment where students have a chance to better their technology skills, allowing them to feel more confident navigating life in the U.S. Thousands of low-wage workers dream of a better future for their families. Help break the technological and skill barriers by expanding the reach of BSP's educational programs.
Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a statewide non-profit collaboration between the Californian janitors' union, SEIU-USWW, community leaders, and responsible businesses to build a strong future for building service workers, their families, and communities by advancing skills, opportunities, and self-sufficiency.
Volunteer Skill Requirements:
- Working knowledge of computer systems, programs, and terms
- Patience, enthusiasm, and respect for other cultures
- Dependability and flexibility
- Intermediate Spanish
- Tutor a small group of students (4-6) in intermediate computer skills
- Construct lessons covering intermediate computer applications varying from PowerPoint, spreadsheets, and other basic websites
- Commitment to volunteer most Saturdays for 12-15 weeks
When: Saturday, June 16th, 2018 - Saturday, August 18th, 2018 at 11:30 AM
Where: 2061 Landings Drive, Mountain View, CA 94043
Benefits: As a volunteer at BSP you will acquire skills in teaching computer literacy, gain knowledge about the issues facing newcomer families, and learn about the social services and other resources available to immigrants and low-wage workers in the Bay Area. BSP is a registered 501(c)(3) and volunteer hours can count towards fulfilling a community service requirement.
If you are interested, contact Diana Contreras-Chavez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-383-0237.
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours per week for 15 weeks
- Patience, flexibility, computer skills, Spanish conversation skills