FAM is seeking a treasurer who is a member of the board of directors.
Are you interested in taking a deeper role in supporting the work of midwives?
A CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
The Foundation for the Advancement of Midwifery (FAM) is a non-profit, voluntary 501 (c)(3) corporation whose mission is to improve maternal and child health by funding projects that advance midwifery as the gold standard in maternity care through research, public education, advocacy, and health equity initiatives.
Are YOU the one we have been waiting for?
FAM’s Board of Directors is a powerhouse of talent and passion. But we need a few more people with specific skills who are willing to help manifest our vision (visit http://www.formidwifery.org to learn more about FAM’s grantees)
FAM needs diverse and dedicated board members
- Experience in leadership or activism in community, business, government, philanthropy, midwifery, MCH, human rights, women’s rights, school boards, or other local advocacy.
- Experience or a willingness to learn skills for planning & managing fundraising campaigns, identifying prospective donors & cultivating relationships with new & current donors.
- Enthusiasm for supporting the innovative work midwives and birth workers are doing in communities all across North America.
- Willingness to bring your unique personal experience & expertise to the table, in areas such as midwifery activism, birth justice, obstetric violence, reproductive justice, cultural birth practices, research, education, finance, social action, and more.
- Ability to listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, and work well with people individually & in a group.
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- ~ 20 hours/month