Volunteer Youth League Board Member
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereTBDHampton, VA 23666
Every youth sports organization is governed by a group of individuals with set roles and responsibilities. As we all know, running a league or club is extremely rewarding, but it also requires a lot of work. Having committed volunteers to serve on the board of directors and share in the responsibilities can make a big difference in the success of the program.
Deen Ball Sports Inc.: Aberdeen Youth Baseball/Softball League
Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth League Affiliated
We are currently seeking out committed individuals with a shared passion to motivate the future potential of our youth. Our league is committed to teaching young kids about teamwork, perseverance, determination and sportsmanship through the competitive sport of baseball/ Softball.
Are you a candidate for one of the following Board positions?
Vice President - The vice president presides in the absence of the president, works with other officers and committee members, is ex-officio member of all committees, and carries out such duties and assignments as may be delegated by the president. A vice president may manage, coach or umpire, provided they do not serve on the protest committee.
- Oversees Coaching Requirements, Certifications and Clinics
- Field Permits, Concessions- Health Department Inspection
- Presides over pre-season rules meetings for coaches and commissioners
- Coordinates practice schedules with all Division Commissioners
Secretary (Currently Vacant) - The secretary maintains a register of members and directors, records the minutes of meetings, is responsible for sending out notice of meetings, issues membership cards and maintains a record of league's activities.
Concession Manager (Currently Vacant) -
- Maintains the operation of concession facilities
- Organizes the purchase of concession products
- Responsible for the management of the concession sales at league events
- Schedules volunteers to work the concession booth during league events
- Collects and reviews concession related offers including coupons, discounts and bulk-purchasing opportunities
- Organizes, tallies and keeps records of concession sales and purchases
- Data Entry
- Child Development
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Expect to meet approximately 6 times a year