Primary responsibilities of the Team Recruitment and Development Chair are recruiting and developing teams. Promote the local St. Jude Walk/ Run to End Childhood Cancer event web site as a registration & fundraising tool to team captains/ team members and to update the web site with current/relevant information as needed. This individual has access to a computer and a basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel. It is recommended to have a subcommittee with a Team Recruitment and Team Retention Sub-Chair focused on corporate teams, community/organization teams, and family/friend/patient teams. The Team Recruitment and Development Chair ensures that Teams participating in the event represent the community and that they are given the information/tools they need to successfully fundraise.
- Develop and implement a Team Development plan focused on recruitment and retention of corporate, community/organization, and family/friends/patient teams to achieve fundraising and overall team recruitment goals.
- Communicate regularly with each team development sub-committee member, event chair and ALSAC/ St. Jude Staff Partner, to share progress, and exchange ideas.
- Become knowledgeable of the team recruitment materials and resources available to you, including how to leverage the National Team Partner Program.
- Work with St. Jude Walk/ Run to End Childhood Cancer committee to plan the Kick-Off and Thank You Party inviting new and past teams to the appropriate event.
- Ensure teams are communicated with via email, social media, and face-to-face visits to answer questions, encourage them, and support their fundraising efforts.
- Work with Registration Chair and Fundraising Chair to educate teams on the registration and fundraising process.
- Work with Event Chair and ALSAC/St. Jude staff partner to ensure the event website is up to date with information that is critical for team captains and members.
- Work with Recognition Chair to ensure that all teams are aware of the incentive prize program.
- Develop, communicate, and implement strategies to increase online registration and fundraising and to improve the quality of the information posted on the event web site.
- Provides basic customer service to all local participants to assist with updating their personal fundraising pages, sending emails, and updating participant data including password resets.
- Report online progress before, during and after the event to prepare your ALSAC/ St. Jude staff partner and fellow committee members for recruitment, retention, mentoring, and recognition efforts. For example, use data to determine who has/hasn’t registered, who has/hasn’t started fundraising, who the top fundraisers are, etc.
- Develop incentives and awards as appropriate to engage team members in monthly online fundraising challenges.
- Use email templates provided to create an event-specific campaign, and ensure messages are sent on a consistent basis.
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Acquisition
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year min. commitment; 1-5 hours/week
- Commit to serve on committee January-November