Primary responsibilities of the Experience Chair are to oversee the experience at the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer event, including activities, entertainment, food, drinks, speakers and any related pre/post events. It is recommended to have a subcommittee with an Entertainment Chair, Activities Chair, and Food Chair, all critical parts of the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer event. Individuals in this role are creative, organized, willing to build relationships with the community and focused on creating a great experience for all.
- Recruits and meets regularly with subcommittee chairs to ensure all items are secured for each area.
- Attends committee meetings and gives experience report to the Event chair and Logistics Chair.
- Plans details of Kick-Off Event with Event Chair and the entire committee.
- Plans and implements a master entertainment and activities schedule that appeals to all participants providing opportunities for engagement throughout the event.
- Leverage Kick Off and meetings as opportunities to educate teams/ participants about event entertainment/activities.
- Ensure that all other committee members are considering entertainment and activity integration in their plans.
- Promotes activities, games and entertainment. Provides a schedule to participants in advance of event to build excitement.
- Determines lighting, sound, and electrical needs to communicate to the Logistics Chair.
- Provides master schedule of entertainment and activities to the Event chair and Logistics Chair.
- Works on opening and closing of event and coordinates music, speakers, and run of show.
- Works with the staff and Event Chair to adhere to approved budget.
- Ensure that all entertainment, activities, and food volunteers/contacts are thanked and recognized.
- Coordinate with subcommittee chairs to ensure all items are secured for each area.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 year min. commitment; 1-5 hours/month
- Commit to serve on committee January-November