Primary responsibilities of the Volunteer Chair are to identify, coordinate and organize all volunteers for the week leading up to and day of the St. Jude Walk/ Run to End Childhood Cancer event including but not limited to pre-registration, event set-up, day-of event check-in and clean-up. This person is organized, able to work with various personalities and energetic.
- Recruit subcommittee members and day of volunteers to assist with all identified day of tasks.
- Work with Event Chair, ALSAC/ St. Jude staff partner, and committee to determine day of volunteer needs for the week leading up to the event and the event itself.
- Develop detailed plan on how to organize and manage day of volunteers prior to the event and onsite at the event.
- Communicate effectively with day of volunteers prior to and at the event.
- Coordinate signage, supplies, and uniform for day of volunteers as appropriate.
- Thank volunteers prior, during, and after the event. Suggestions include verbal thank you’s, hand written notes, public recognition, recognition on social media, and writing thank you notes to be added to a company/organization’s newsletters or internal communication.
- Keep detailed records of day of volunteers and share with the committee so that volunteers can be utilized from year to year.
- Resource Development / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year min commitment; 1-5 hours/month