Young Professionals Making a Difference
Who We Are
The Young Professionals Board (YPB) is a young professional’s organization dedicated to supporting the ever-increasing fundraising and volunteer needs of Global Orphan Prevention. Members benefit by taking part in volunteer opportunities, serving in a leadership capacity, or through the various networking opportunities the organization provides.
YPB membership provides a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. Activities include:
- Volunteering in the field (Nepal, Vietnam)
- Increasing Awareness
- Social Networking
- Annual Fundraising Events
- Professional Development
Through its networking events, YPB members have the opportunity to connect with other young professionals interested in community service and career networking. These events provide a relaxed and social atmosphere while staying connected to the mission of the charity.
Who Can Join?
Any young professional, between the ages of 21-39, who is interested in assisting hundreds of children and mothers in Asia.
- Attend 75% of monthly meetings
- Commit to a "Give/Get" by either donating (giving) or raising (getting) at least $250 towards Global Orphan Prevention’s programs over the 12-month term
- Dedicate board business 1-2 hours per month
- Assist the fundraising/events chair as a member of that committee
- Commit to one full year w/ option to renew based on the board vote
Learn more: GlobalOrphanPrevention.org
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume and/or LinkedIn Profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate why you want to join the YP Board in your intro email
- Child Welfare
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Monthly meetings (board business 2-3 hours/month)
- Donate or raise $250/yr