Position: Board Member - Board of Directors
Organization: Global Orphan Prevention
Overview:Global Orphan Prevention seeks a Denver-based volunteer Vice-President and Board Members who are:
- Committed to helping underprivileged children and widowed/abandoned mothers in Nepal, India, and Vietnam.
- Committed to using social entrepreneurship to help eradicate and alleviate income generating hurdles in Nepal, India, and Vietnam.
- Interested to address the child sex trafficking trade and orphan home trade in India and Nepal.
The President and Board Members will provide strategic and operational guidance to the organization, as well as program development and fundraising strategies.
By joining the Global Orphan Prevention community, you connect with passionate, mission-driven professionals who want to create impact in the world!
About Global Orphan Prevention:We strive to keep mothers and children together by providing resources and training sufficient to maintain families.
- Gold Seal of Transparency - 2017 (Guidestar)
- Top-Rated Nonprofit - 2017 (Great Nonprofits)
- Millennial Changemaker of the Year - 2016 (Founder Runner-up)
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Fundraising/Development, Data, Marketing, Financial Investment, SEO/Web Development, Microfinance, Social Enterprise, Child Welfare, Education, Nonprofits, Knowledge of Nepal or Developing Countries
- Prior board member experience preferred
- Self-starter with strategic leadership skills
- Passion for serving children and youth and making a difference
- Donate or raise $2500 (min)/year
- Ability to serve 2 years, attend monthly meetings
- Devote 2-3 hours/month for additional Board business
- Serve as a Global Orphan Prevention Ambassador in their personal and professional communities
To apply or obtain additional information:
Please send your resume and/or LinkedIn to Katie@globalorphanprevention.org to be considered for a position or email us with questions! We'll happily reach back out to you!
- Resource Development / Management
- Child Welfare
- Crisis Intervention
- Strategic Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-hr monthly meetings (board business 2-3 hours)
- Donate or raise $2500 (min)/year. Ability to serve a minimum 18 months.