The Adopt-A-Trail program was developed by the Riverside County Regional Park & Open-Space District to bring community members and organizations together to protect and maintain the natural beauty of our trail system and open space areas.
The AAT program encompasses trails, parks, and playgrounds throughout Riverside County from the desert up to the snowy mountains. We rely on the dedication and hard work of volunteers to keep our trails maintained and safe for everyone. Without the dedication of our volunteers, our trails and parks would fall into disrepair and be unavailable for use.
Once you have adopted your trail, the District will meet you on your trail to help develop your work plan, make sure you understand the reporting process, and that you have all the tools you need to lead your group in a successful adoption campaign. The District will help recruit volunteers and provide ongoing training opportunities to help on your trail.
Orphaned Trail: Perimeter Trail at Idyllwild Park
Distance: 1.0 mile
Need: Monthly trail checks (weather permitting)
Adopters are required to make a one-year commitment to the program with regular trail checks depending on the needs of the trail. Some trails may require more maintenance than others. It is the Adopter's responsibility to ensure that their trail segment is passable by users at all times.
Adopting a trail is a great way for scouts and their leaders to make a meaningful, long-term impact in their community. It also provides opportunities for scouts to earn merit badges such as trailblazing, emergency preparedness, and much more!
Leadership opportunities & Eagle Scout projects are also available.
OTHER PROGRAM LOCATIONS
- Bogart Park
- Box Springs Mountain Reserve
- Harford Springs Reserve
- Hidden Valley Wildlife Area
- Idyllwild Park & Nature Center
- Lake Skinner Recreation Area
- McCall Memorial Equestrian Campground
- Rancho Jurupa Park
- Santa Ana River Trail
- Santa Rosa Ecological Reserve (Stewards only)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the adoption process.
- Habitat Restoration
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Monthly trail checks
- Reporting requirements
- Live in a Park - Become a...
- Orphaned Alpine Trail in...
- Orphaned Santa Ana River Trail...
- Camp Hosts needed at Mayflower...
- Healthy Living Extravaganza...
- Gilman Historic Ranch in Need of...
- Orphaned Sugarloaf Trail in...
- Orphaned Perimeter Trail in...
- Orphaned Summit Trail in...
- Orphaned View Point Trail in...
- Orphaned Edison Trail in...
- Orphaned Hillside Trail in...