ChickTech Portland needs a High School Program Director! The High School Program Director will oversee the activities of the Portland chapter High School Program and lead the program team.
ChickTech is a multi-generational community supporting women and girls to become technology creators.
We are dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. We facilitate hands-on technology-centric events to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls. Through our events, ChickTech builds community, empowers participants to see themselves as leaders, and provides networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing high tech industry.
We are looking for a High School Program Director for the Portland chapter of ChickTech. This position is responsible for ensuring participants, their parents, and their teachers understand the program, what is expected of them and what they should expect the program to provide.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communicating to parents & teachers the nomination process/deadlines
- Scheduling informational sessions for parents/teachers/mentors
- Ensure parents are aware of the commitment to the program
- Send out invitations to nominees
- Maintain master list of participants based on RSVPs & attendance at kick off event
- Record opt out at end of kick off event.
- Update addresses/phone #s based on surveys
- Create mailing lists in Mailchimp
- Ensuring all necessary releases are stored in a central location and recorded on the master list
- Ensuring new participants (post kick off event) complete all necessary paperwork/release and are added to the list
- Maintain RSVP and attendance lists for every workshop and participant events in central location
- Create, administer and store results of workshop surveys in central location
- Manage volunteer background checks
- Provide a year end retrospective on what went well and what didn’t based on survey results to the Leadership
- Work with Workshop Managers to ensure that teachers and supplies are ready for each workshop
- Work with Logistics Managers to coordinate transportation to and from events for girls that request it.
- Work with Logistics Managers to coordinate babysitting services for event for the children of girls that request it.
- Work with the Volunteer Managers to ensure proper staffing at High School events
- Work with the Marketing Manager to implement reminder services (text messaging, email) for workshop registrants
- Work with the Community Outreach Managers to be sure that parents and schools are on the same page
Expected time commitment: 5-10 hours/week, but may vary. We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible, although less can be negotiated! Please be honest about your time commitments, while we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!
Please send a description of your interest in this opportunity, your qualifications and skills related to the position, as well as your availability. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Check out what we stand for and the work we're doing at portland.chicktech.org/
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- We'll work with you!
- Finance Director - Orange County
- Finance Director - Seattle
- High School Communications...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- Girls Who Code Technical Volunteer
- Operations Director: ChickTech...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- ChickTech Boston - Chapter Lead
- High School Kick-Off Setup and...
- High School Kickoff - ...
- High school kickoff Workshop TA...
- Workshop TA - High School...
- High School Kickoff - Workshop...
- Marketing Team - ChickTech Bay...
- High school kickoff - Workshop...
- ChickTech Bay Area - Design Team...
- Graphic Design/Photography...
- Marketing Co-Director - Orange...
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Chicago Chapter Lead -...