San Fernando Valley/Valencia- Seeking Caring, Compassionate Volunteers for Hospice Patients!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
29 people are interested
RELIANCE HOSPICE VOLUNTEER PROGRAM Volunteers are an essential element of our Hospice Care Team. We provide physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort while allowing patients and their families to retain as much autonomy and dignity as possible.
We seek to provide quality compassionate care for people facing a life-limiting illness. In doing so, we provide expert medical care, pain management, emotional and spiritual support expressly tailored to the patient’s needs and wishes. Equally important is the support provided to the patient’s loved ones.
Hospice focuses on caring, not curing. In most cases, care is provided in the patient’s home but may also be provided in freestanding hospice centers, nursing homes, and other long-term care facilities. Hospice services are available to patients with any terminal illness regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, culture or ethnic background.RELIANCE HOSPICE MISSION STATEMENT
To provide quality services with compassion to the patient and their families during the end of life’s journey.
WHAT WE DO
- Provide Patient Companionship and Friendship
- Read Books, Play Games/Cards
- Write Letters/Emails and Listen to Music
- Watch Movies or TV
- Walk with Patient
- Assist with Daily Tasks
- Give Families or Caregivers a break to take care of personal needs
- Provide Bereavement Support
1. Go to the Volunteer Application page and complete your application.
2. A Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to you via phone or e-mail to begin orientation.
3. Pass Background Check Clearance (Provided by Reliance).
4. Complete TB Test (Provided by Reliance)
5. Complete Physical (Provided by Reliance).
6. Complete Orientation.
- 18 years of Age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Social Security Number
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Available MINIMUM 1 hour per week or 4 hours in a month
We are flexible to volunteers’ schedules and are very understanding to changes that may occur in their availability. We will seek a patient within geographical range of the volunteer’s choice and allow the volunteer to create their own hours. The volunteer will go to the location of the patient which can be of various settings: patient’s home, assisted living facility, board and care, hospice house, skilled nursing facility, etc. The volunteer will spend quality time with the patient to provide companionship and compassionate care. The volunteer allows the family or caregiver a 1-2 hour break and becomes a professional friend. Other types of volunteers provide support in an office setting.
To get started, please fill out a volunteer application:
Or call us and get a verbal description over the phone 1-877-659-5998
We'll work with your schedule.
22122 Sherman Way Blvd.Canoga Park, CA 91303
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two hours per week