Do you enjoy speaking to others?
Community educator is needed to speak to group about dementia related topics
Duties include speaking on 5 education programs, answer questions; picking up and dropping off program supplies from Alzheimer's office; setting up and breaking down of AV equipment; and collecting audience sign in sheets and evaluation forms
Opportunities available within 30 mile radius of Avon, Beachwood or Mentor offices.
Minimum of 12 month commitment; 1-4 programs a month. Each program (including travel) will be 2-3 hours. Possible opportunities on weekdays and occasional weekends.
This is a great opportunity to impact the community in dementia and Alzheimer's care.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Social Work
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 programs per month; 12 month commitment
- Help keep inventory for housing...
- Bring love & joy to a senior in...
- Enjoy children? Be a lunch room...
- Experienced tradesman needed!
- Young childrens' Arts Volunteer
- Brighten a resident's day!
- Ensure families receive food!
- Help Spanish speakers prepare...
- First generation college...
- Retail therapy lovers wanted!
- Be a resource for others!
- Do you have a green thumb? Be...
- Spend some time with an elderly...
- Lovers of plants and children...
- Help a senior! Be a nursing home...
- Become a friend to an inmate
- Help students succeed!
- Be a friend to a HS student- be...
- Help a student succeed in...
- Cancer patients need your help!