Board Member Description
Since 1981 the Utah Society for Environmental Education (USEE) has encouraged environmental literacy by teaching Utahns how to think, not what to think, about the environment. This small but powerful organization is in need of board members who are passionate about the environment, education and our beautiful state.
We are looking for innovators and individuals looking to make a difference in their community. As a USEE Board Member you will be instrumental in growing this organization for years to come, helping to solve organizational problems and committing to ensuring children and adults have access to quality environmental education and literacy programs.
While Board Members are asked to give a financial contribution that is significant to them, this is a working board. Beyond giving and attendance at meetings, Board Members should be able to contribute their time and talents to making USEE a sustainable organization.
To be considered, or for more information, please contact Thom Benedict, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Basic Board Member Duties
- Attend bi-monthly meetings and the annual Board Retreat
- Spend an average of 6 hours per month on USEE.
- Serve full, active, 3 year terms up to a maximum of 6 years.
- Be active contributors to discussions at meetings.
- Represent the organization positively and enthusiastically to others in the community.
- Actively participate on a minimum of one committee.
- Help as often as possible at larger USEE events, including but not limited to the USEE Conference, Fundraising Events, Outreach Events, etc.
- Directly donate a personally substantial amount to USEE per year.
- Commit to raise an individually decided upon amount of funds for USEE per year.
- Actively engage in fundraising efforts.
- Work with the whole Board on larger issues and financial supervision.
- Be prepared for Board meetings by reviewing previous meeting’s minutes, reviewing committee reports, reviewing financials and agenda, and being prepared for discussion items.
- Be familiar with the USEE Bylaws.
- Attend to other duties specified in the Corporate Bylaws.
- Donor Management
- Strategic Planning
- Environmental Education
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 6 hrs/mo
- (see description)