Save The Bay's education program provides science, marine and environmental education to students around the Narragansett Bay area. We are seeking volunteers during the day who can translate from English to Spanish for students who need it. Volunteers will also assist Save The Bay educators with setup, supervision, and general program support.
- Fluency or strong proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Experience in education and/or working with children a plus
- Interest in environmental education and environmental science
- Reliable transportation to Save The Bay's Providence office.
- Background check is required (we will process this for you)
- Available weekdays for at least the first four dates.
The current dates and times needed are as follows:
- Oct 27, Nov 17, Dec 15, Jan 19 (all Fridays, 11:30-1:10)
- Monday, Feb 5 morning time TBD
- Mar 9, April 13, May 4 (all Fridays, 11:30-1:10)
- Thursday, May 31st12:42-1:37
Please respond to indicate your interest. You may also email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per days requested