Commit to a Better Bridgeport!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
Commit to a Better Bridgeport by helping a neighbor who is blind. A local lady with a vast interest in music and movies is in need of a volunteer to assist with labeling projects, a little shopping, some socialization activities like free concerts in town or local bingo and she loves arts and crafts including basket weaving. This individual does her best to stay active in the community but needs a sighted guide to assist. You can take the para transit van with her to local locations or shopping. This opportunity is designed to meet your schedule either days or evenings, weekends too if you wish.
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
- a desire to help others;
- a pleasant demeanor;
- a good reading/speaking voice;
- average reading skills;
- organizational or planning abilities;
- a good driving record;
- a clear criminal history;
- two references
- access to a car with proof of insurance;
- a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
We'll work with your schedule.
Main StreetCenter StreetBridgeport, CT 06604
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Incredibly Flexible - Do What You Promise!
- Must be patient, license optional - city buses available