Nakuru, Kenya or Chiang Rai, Thailand
In keeping with our vision of a world where global leaders have had meaningful cross-cultural experiences, the International Humanity Foundation (IHF) developed the Global Leadership Development (GLD) Program as a fast track to build a pipeline of future leaders.
The IHF Global Leadership Development Program is a non-credit, certificate program designed to help you:
- Acquire leadership and management capacities that will enable you to lead in the ever-changing global environment
- Develop a cross-cultural mindset that will allow you to lead in an increasingly globalized world
- Gain practical experience in an NGO environment
- Build a global network with people from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds
The Global Leadership Development Program takes a total of four (4) months to complete. During this time you will:
- Be stationed at one of IHF’s five international centers
- Complete rotational assignments in the core components of an international organisation (including center operations, community development, finance, fundraising, and communications)
- Deliver real results while learning through hands-on, real-world experience
- Receive coaching from senior leaders
- Develop strong networks with senior leaders and program peers
- Become part of the next generation of global leaders
In addition to making a notable difference in the lives of children of the children we serve, you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Certificate of program completion
- Letter of recommendation upon request
- Potential to stay on with IHF via a promotion to Center Co-Director
- Graduates of the program are prepared for manager level roles in global organisations, especially nonprofits
- Participate in meaningful service and have a lasting impact on an impoverished community
- Sharpen skills through service
- Enhance your CV with international experience
- Strengthen your leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Interact with locals, experience a different culture, and build cultural awareness
- Sharpen your cultural intelligence
- Learn to think, respond and quickly adapt to new cultural knowledge and unfamiliar situations
- Explore new places and experience the richly varied world of the local community
- Personal growth and development through a broader horizon
- Join a global network of IHF volunteers and alumni
IHF is looking for individuals who can commit to the 4-month volunteer program with a strong interest in global leadership.
Volunteers accepted to this program will have: a relevant degree from an accredited university, previous international travel and volunteer experience, confidence using the English language, deep empathy for impoverished children and their communities, and a commitment to our Core Values .
Volunteers accepted into our Global Leadership Development Program are required to submit a $100 USD non-refundable deposit to hold their spot in this program. Accommodation and meals prepared by a local member of staff are included in this program.
Not included are your travel costs to and from our IHF Center, immunizations, travel insurance, and any spending money you wish to bring with you. Initial visa fees are the responsibility of the volunteer, however subsequent visa renewal fees will be covered by IHF.
Note: due to the nature of our work with children, should you application be accepted we do require a criminal background check which is less than 1 year old.
IHF accepts Global Leadership Development program applicants on a rolling basis | Apply here
- Child Development
- Resource Development / Management
- Child Care
- Project Management
- Case Work / Management
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 4 Month Total Commitment