Guest Services Volunteer
The Irish International Immigrant Center is seeking volunteers to greet and welcome clients and to provide additional administrative support for the center. The Guest Services Coordinator is the first point of contact for clients, therefore, must be courteous and professional to all callers and be friendly and welcoming to clients and visitors.
This position offers a wonderful opportunity for someone interested in immigration or social justice to become part of a team of people dedicated to helping newcomers to this country. This is a chance to make a difference in the lives of immigrants and to gain an appreciation for diverse cultures while being part of an organization strongly rooted in its Irish culture.
Time Commitment: 8 hours a week (on Friday from 9am to 5pm. 8 hours is ideal but we are open to volunteer doing between 5-8 hours if that works better).
- Greet people with respect and sensitivity
- Actively encourage people to attend our outreach clinics
- Perform reception duties including answering phone, responding to emails, greeting clients and visitors, and directing clients to appropriate staff or to outside resources
- Assist clients with intake forms according to established instructions
- Keep a record of all appointments, phone calls, and walk-ins
- Perform general office/administrative duties including but not limited to document assembly, mailings, copying, filing, and other duties as needed
- Keep front desk information folders, papers, and publications updated
- Assist other IIIC staff with duties as needed
- Articulate, self-motivated, able to multitask and work independently
- Basic computer skills
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of IIIC
- French, Spanish and other language skills is a plus
About The Irish International Immigrant Center:
The Irish International Immigrant Center (IIIC) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1989 by a group of Irish immigrants committed to helping others make successful transitions to new lives in the U.S. and greater Boston. Our mission is to assist immigrants from around the world as they integrate into American society. We are a vibrant, multi-service center that provides legal, wellness and education services, advocates for systemic change, and facilitates cross-cultural community building. Our vision is of a shared society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities, protections, and respect.
Today, the Center’s programs assist at least 2,500 individuals from more than 120 countries each year, most of whom are low-income and underserved. They range from recent refugees who are victims of persecution to long-time residents seeking U.S. citizenship. We are well known in the immigrant community for our integrated multi-service approach. Together, our dedicated staff and volunteers create a safe and welcoming place for our constituents.
How to Apply:
Please submit questions and resume to email@example.com
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please see www.iiicenter.org.
IIIC strives to recruit diverse staff and volunteers who reflect the constituents we work with. IIIC is firmly committed to maintaining a work environment in which people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow professionally, collaborate, and be productive.
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment