CommunityGrows is an youth development non-profit serving high-needs youth, especially those living in public housing in San Francisco. Through three (free!) interconnected programs, we teach gardening, cooking, healthy living, and leadership skills to our youth, providing them with amazing outdoor experiences in the Bay Area.
Do you believe in encouraging and empowering youth? Do you agree that all communities and children deserve safe, outdoor green space? Do you support food justice and environmental literacy? Then join our team! CommunityGrows is looking for a grant writer and/or researcher to assist in securing program funding for the upcoming academic school year. As a non-profit organization, these grants are essential for the continuation and expansion of our current programs, funding our teen leadership and professional growth interns, purchasing seedlings and plants for the gardens, providing tools and materials for students, and creating opportunities for staff development.
- Research grant eligibility with a focus on environmental and garden education, community development, youth and children, health and nutrition, after-school and summer programs, science, etc.
- Data entry of grants into a shared file, documenting essential information such as deadlines, award amount, funder, description, and a link to the application.
- Draft proposals for eligible grants which will be reviewed by the Executive Director.
- Build valuable grant writing skills while gaining experience in nonprofit operations and administration.
- Gain experience in professional research and development projects.
- Networking opportunities.
- Become a part of a team motivated by building community relationships and providing safe, educational opportunities to students in the area through green space and outdoor opportunities.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Project Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Min. 7 weeks; flexible hours
- Sample of Writing, Resume