We are seeking two volunteers who can commit 4 hours of weekly volunteering on either Mondays from 9am-1pm or Fridays from 1pm-5pm.
We are also seeking on-call volunteers who can come occasionally for a 4 hour shift sometime M-F 9-5 when weekly volunteers are absent.
Are you available during business hours? Are you a motivated and passionate individual looking to help end homelessness? We need you at Street Sense!
Street Sense is seeking Newspaper Distribution Volunteers to provide direct support to our newspaper vendors and artists, who are currently, or were formerly, experiencing homelessness. The support you would provide is distributing or selling them newspapers at wholesale- so they can take the public and sell the paper for a profit.
- Distribute/sell newspapers to vendors
- Alert paid-staff of any vendor needs or concerns
- Retrieve vendor mail, donations, and messages as requested
- Assist Editorial staff with content-related tasks as needed
- Assist Administrative staff with other office projects as needed
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
- Basic understanding of computers, word processing and email
- Must have basic math and cash handling skills
- Should be able to navigate office environment which includes walking down hallways and using an elevator or stairs
- Should be able to lift and carry at least 20 pounds over 100 ft or use a dolly
Successful volunteers will need to be able to demonstrate patience and understanding when dealing with people of diverse backgrounds, educational levels, and mental health.
If interested, please email Dani at firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability for a 30-45 minute orientation during our (M-F 9-5) hours, as well as your anticipated start date, thank you!
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours weekly, or on call