Welcome to the Jeremiah Program!
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for transforming families from poverty to prosperity two generations at a time. Jeremiah prepares determined single mothers to excel in the workforce, readies their children to succeed in school, and reduces generational dependence on public assistance.
Jeremiah’s proven, holistic approach begins with establishing a supportive community for determined single mothers to pursue a career-track, college education. Through a combination of quality early childhood education, a safe and affordable place to live, and empowerment and life skills training, families find stability and a path out of poverty.
To provide quality care for the children of Jeremiah Program during their mothers’ Life Skills and Empowerment programming. Volunteers will help to engage children in activities such as reading, arts & crafts, and active play that promote their cognitive, social and emotional development. Volunteers will work alongside other volunteers and have the support of the Volunteer Coordinator throughout the evening.
- Mondays 6:15 - 8:15 pm and/or
- Tuesday 5:45 - 8:15 pm
- Minimum 6 month commitment preferred
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 16 years of age volunteering alone and 12 years of age with an adult
- Attend general volunteer orientation with Volunteer Coordinator
- Pass a background check
- Love working with children. Childcare or education experience a plus!
- Adhere to program philosophy and guidelines (empowerment, professionalism, confidentiality).
How to Apply:
Email Jessica Van Roekel, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. She will send you information about the next step.
For more volunteer opportunities please visit our website at jeremiahprogram.org/austin/
- Child Development
- Child Care
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- Monday evenings, 6 month commitment preferred
- Background check and orientation