- Exempt (volunteer). The Agapao Movement is operated entirely by volunteers
- This position serves as a member of Agapao’s Leadership Team
ABOUT THIS POSITION: Agapao’s Child Sponsorship Program is our fundamental priority; therefore, the one who fills this position oversees our most critical initiative. The need for an efficient and up-to-date system to monitor and administer this program is essential to the safety and provision to the children we support.
POSITION SUMMARY: The top two characteristics required for this position are (1) Proactive, and (2) Dependable as the Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible for the management and administration of Agapao’s Child Sponsor Program. This position also assists in the development of processes as related to the program to ensure a well-organized system and must develop a working understanding of the organization. This position is the main source of communication between our oversees staff, sponsors and organizational leadership as related to the Child Sponsorship Program.
- Must have strong decision making skills and be able to work independently.
- Must be willing and ably agree to perform in accordance with the Requirements & Commitments of the position.
- Requires a background check.
- At least 21 years of age.
REQUIREMENTS & COMMITMENT:
- Projected time commitment: Ongoing (at least 6 months) / 4-6 hours per week
- Orientation and Training
- The majority of functions can be completed virtually; however, there are times when the Sponsorship Coordinator should be available to meet face-to-face with other members of the Leadership Team.
- We will discuss the adaptability of the position with suitable candidates
- Serve as advocate for the children living in Grace Children’s Home
- Monitor and process sponsorship applications in a timely manner.
- Correspond with overseas staff to maintain accurate, up-to-date records of the child residents
- Maintain Agapao’s records of children and sponsors
- Act as Agapao’s representative to potential and/or active sponsors with timely communication
- Assist with the organization and management of internal mailings related to Sponsorship
- Prepare reports related to the sponsorship program
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Donor Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10-18 hours per month