Video PodCast Assistant
White Apple Institute is launching an exciting, new talk show and seeking two (2) skilled volunteers for Video PodCast Assistant positions. Positions average 5 to 15 hours per week, recording in studio and some work from home with very flexible hours and accommodations for any disability (Speech, Visual, Hearing, Learning/Mental, etc.).
White Apple Institute is a veteran-operated nonprofit 501(c)(3) connecting, educating and supporting At-Risk Adult Students and Veterans challenged by disabilities (emphasis on emotional, learning, mental, and non-visible physical) with RESOURCES to:
1. Prevent DROPOUT/BURNOUT from school, work, and Life.
2. Manage emotional and financial crises to prevent hopelessness and homelessness
3. Change perceptions from "disabled" to "differently-abled"!
Benefits -Perfect for Adult Students and Older Adults. Enjoy sharing your passion and sensitivity with a great team. Ask about college and Service Learning credits, internships, and employer recognition. Excellent opportunity for career enhancement.
- Some knowledge of disability, higher education, veterans and confidentiality issues (For example, FERPA, APA, HIPPA, Rehabilitation Act, WIOA and ADA, Independent Living, Vocational Rehabilitation, Student Veteran-GI Bill, and disability benefits).
- Proven experience with radio broadcasting, video podcasting and/or live streaming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (TTY, Speech accommodated)
Assist the Director with the following:
- Promoting, researching, planning, and executing the White Apple Institute Talk Show online
- Coordinate podcasts with events at colleges, disability and military friendly corporations, and community and faith-based organizations.
- Edit archived shows and voice overs
- Setup and promote talk show programs through YouTube
- Writing and responding to inquiries by phone, chat, texts and email
- Updating website content with previous activities and upcoming events
APPLY by sending cover letter and resume to email@example.com Attention: Melodie Oscay. Thank you. Visit www.whiteappleinstitute.org or call 480-471-8082.
Your donation of any amount will help students and veterans succeed in the workforce!
- Basic Computer Skills
- Mobile Programming
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Video Production
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5-15 hours per week
- Prior video broadcast/TTY experience a plus!