Social Media Volunteer (USA Based)
Asante Africa Foundation
Social Media Intern
Asante Africa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes quality educational access and leadership development for children in East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania). Asante Africa Foundation believes in the power of knowledge as a catalyst to help young people create a future where they live their dreams. We achieve this vision through partnering with local families, educators and community members to create safe and healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher quality, enhance learning in the classrooms, provide merit-based scholarships, and leadership development. To learn more about Asante Africa Foundation please visit http://www.asanteafrica.org
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Social Media Intern to join our Marketing and Communications team. As a Social Media Intern you will be working on developing and maintaining Asante Africa Foundation’s online presence through various social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Flickr, Instagram, and WordPress. Tasks include, but are not limited to: actively updating and maintaining the social media channels and calendar ; writing/summarizing blog stories; creating and brainstorming content; creating a plan to enhance online presence and identify opportunities for growth. Time commitment is 10-15 hours per week, including a weekly one-hour meeting.
* Currently active on social media; follow or interest in learning latest trends
* Excellent knowledge of various social media platforms listed above
* Able to manage social media remotely and in a timely fashion
* Excellent editing, proofreading, and communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
* Self-starter, organized ,and able to respond to and meet deadlines under a tight timeline
* Detail oriented, team player, and tech savvy
* Access to a computer with internet connection
* Photoshop and video editing skills a plus
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
* Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a rapidly growing nonprofit organization
* Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
* Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
* Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
* Work well independently as well as part of a team
* Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
* Directly impact Asante Africa Foundation's efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge,
skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa and learn about successful international
* Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run by majority volunteers and receive professional training
* Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
* Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
* Opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home or our Oakland office
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for Asante Africa Foundation, your resume, one writing sample and links to your social media accounts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Social Media Intern" in the subject line.
This is un-paid part-time internship position with an expectation of 10-15 hours per week, for six to nine months. This internship is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Asante Africa Foundation Internship Agreement. Interns are not financiallycompensated but you will receive the benefits of a staff member having deliverables, performance reviews and training that will strengthen your resume significantly.
About Asante Africa Foundation
1141 Catalina Dr, Livermore, CA 94550, US
Asante Africa Foundation, Inc. is an East African Children's Education Fund. We are a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to providing quality education to children in East Africa. Every child deserves an education and the opportunity to choose their future, regardless of the latitude or longitude in which they are born. Through education, every child can make their dreams a reality, help their families struggle less, and help their communities become self sustaining. Our Vision We envision African communities and families in which the children have the opportunity to received QUALITY education to define their futures. Our Mission Quality Education will be made available by providing physical infrastructures for all children attending school, providing teaching resources and educational materials and scholarships/sponsorships for highly motivated and academically gifted children.
We form partnerships with African communities and work with passionate local program managers who are deeply committed to creating change in their African villages. We envision African communities and families in which children have the opportunity to receive QUALITY education to define their futures. Generous contributions from Asante Africa Foundation donors bring these dreams to life.
Local villagers define their needs for achieving quality education, through infrastructures for all children attending school (such as construction of schools and sanitation facilities, serving a daily meal), providing teaching resources and educational materials, and funding scholarships / sponsorship for highly motivated and academically gifted children.
Asante is the Swahili word for thank you. We are thankful to be active members of the communities we serve and we are grateful to our donors who fund projects that bring opportunity, choice and possibility to African villages.