Have you considered how to use your sales skills for a greater cause? Are you considering how to transition to the NFP world? Are you an extrovert by nature? Do you enjoy meeting new people and working with a team that pushes you to be the best you can be. If you answer yes then this position might be a good fit for you. The CEO is searching for a Partnership and Business Development Associate will be responsible for working as a part of a team to develop new relationships and strengthen existing relationships.
This individual must be have keen multi-tasking skills and high energy. This person needs to be up on all the latest digital marketing and outreach tools while comfortable being on the phone and meeting with prospective partners and donors in person. This person must a keen attention to detail, particularly the Saleforce.com database and willing to learn while in motion. This person will be intimately involved in fundraising (doing the ask), relationship management, business development, and working closely with the communication |marketing team to develop campaigns. You will also be leading smaller projects and events requiring you to be a team leader of volunteers, staff, and external partners.
This person will be the right hand logistical coordinator for a high energy CEO and will need the ability to multi-task, work as a team and help a small start-up change the world - And you will learn a lot in this role.
Periodic team meetings are required and virtual working environment is an existing part of the model. This role must be based in the Bay Area, and preferably the East Bay ( Oakland, Berkeley, SF, etc)
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist Business Development team and CEO with initiating, cultivating and following up with prospective partners, collaborators, and funders.
- Team with fundraising campaigns and annual solicitations through coordinating email campaigns, invitations to events and email communications.
- Managing strategic partnership and engagement appointments for Development team and CEO.
- Assist with donor correspondence by making follow up calls to donors and sponsors.
- Develop and maintain standard development department management systems and procedures.
- Create reports to analyze giving trends and fundraising activities
- Assist with donor communications, gift processing data entry, and thank you letters.
- Help cultivate relationships with funders
- Demonstrated Fundraising ( or sales) and Business Development skills with clearly demonstrated results from prior roles.
- Lead generation skills are required as a part of this role.
- Proficiency in Salesforce or a different CRM tool. Desirable to know tools like Toutapp, yesware, YAMM and Vertical response.
- Experience in other databases, social media platforms, email communication tools and office organization desired.
- High comfort levels with phone conversations, face to face donor relations, and getting to know the donors is a critical part of the role.
- Proven project, time, and organizational management skills, with ability to juggle many competing priorities at once.
- Experience in creative, collaborative work environments.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills; verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills, creating reports, charts, and dashboards for monitoring data and results will be required. Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint a must.
ASANTE VOLUNTEER POSITION NOTES:
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
- Directly impact Asante Africa’s efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa
- Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run entirely by volunteers
- Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
- Have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions implemented
- Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
Compensation: Initially this is an unpaid, volunteer position. The position is part-time with an expectation of 8-10 hours of work per week .