ESW stands for Engineers for a Sustainable World. We're a growing collection of technically-minded people looking to make the world a better place. Most of ESW's impact comes from projects done by its 50 college-based chapters. In many ways, ESW-Headquarters's purpose is to connect those chapters, build a community for all members to interact, learn, and share project ideas, and bring in funding and other connections to help projects succeed.
ESW is run by a team of passionate volunteers who care deeply about building a better world.
Our general requirements, regardless of position, are as follows:
- You need to be passionate about sustainability, and agree with our mission, vision, and values.
- You do need to be able to commit time to the organization, including regular conference calls. We find that in order to be effective, most positions require 5-10hrs/week on average, fluctuating by season.
- Self-motivation is important for the digital environment that we work in.
- You don't have to be familiar with ESW-HQ - we're friendly people, and we'd love to meet you.
About working with ESW
We accept applicants from all over the country. ESW volunteers work in a digital environment. We use Slack, Google Suite, and Zoom to communicate with each other. If you aren't familiar with these technologies, no worries! We'd love to teach you.
We are looking for a volunteer to come in and lead our effort to build a database of technical sustainability jobs. Part of your role in the organization will be to craft a vision for the job database along with the Executive and CommTech Directors. Responsibilities will include networking with technical recruiters, building corporate ties with engineering companies, and curating a list of sustainability-oriented jobs on a to-be-determined platform.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours/week