Who: College graduates & young adults ages 21 and older
What: Volunteering to work with our staff and high school students in Guayaquil, Ecuador at The Starfish Foundation. We have 3 positions available: Curriculum & Instruction Manager, ESL Teacher & Program Development Manager.
When: August 2018 to August 2019
Where: Guayaquil, Ecuador - Starfish volunteers live with a host family in the neighborhood where we work, Flor de Bastión.
Accommodations are basic, but comfortable.
Why: To enhance the education and lives of impoverished Ecuadorian families and students who lack access to a strong educational system (and are therefore stuck in the cycle of poverty), by mentoring staff, teaching students and improving the overall educational offerings at Starfish.
- Daily mentoring of staff members
- Leading professional development
- Teaching classes to students
- Goal-setting and measuring
- Community engagement
- Contributing innovative ideas and techniques to curriculum and pedagogy
- Fundraise a total of $2,500
- Airfare to and from Guayaquil
- Transportation to U.S. Orientation
- International Health Insurance
- Up-to-date vaccines
- Personal items (i.e. toiletries)
- Free time travel expenses
- **Scholarships may be available.
Completed applications are due by February 15th each year. Interviews will be conducted in February and March. Acceptances will be sent out in early April. Volunteers must commit to a full year and meet the requirements for the position to which they are applying. More details about each specific position are available on our website: www.thestarfishchange.org/volunteerintern Apply online at: https://form.jotform.us/71095181914154
- Program Management
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training