Are you personable, assertive, organized and able to motivate others?
At WhoWhatWhy, we have an opening for a fundraising development manager.
We’re a nonprofit news organization that, in order to maintain our integrity, accepts no advertising. All of our funding comes from the public. That means fundraising. We are building a superior fundraising development team and now seek someone with strong people and organization skills to bring it all together.
If you’re looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity, manage others well, and can commit 10 hours a week or more on a regular basis, we’d like to hear from you. We’ll immerse you in a dynamic startup environment where you will get hands-on experience making things happen.
Familiarity with fundraising development is preferred, but we’re open to anyone with the general skills set and aptitude needed to keep any kind of team productive and headed in the right direction.
WhoWhatWhy is a great place to volunteer. We’re a friendly bunch, highly motivated to do meaningful work in the public interest, imparting honest information to a public starved for it. We all work from our home locations and communicate remotely.
This is uncompensated work but is essentially a fantastic alternative to expensive graduate programs or wasting years working your way up from menial roles. From here, the sky’s the limit. As we grow, and with it, our fundraising success, pro bono work may evolve into partially or fully compensated positions.
To apply, send us your resume and a detailed cover letter that shows you have studied our brand and explains why you are qualified for this position.
What you bring:
- A solid grasp of - and commitment to - our mission
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A charismatic, assertive personality
- The ability to delegate tasks and manage others
- The patience to monitor multiple individuals, projects and processes
You’ll get to:
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations
- Acquire valuable new skills in marketing, public relations and donor outreach
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished coworkers
- Grow a network of contacts
- Have fun
- Make a difference
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- Marketing Campaign Strategist
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Volunteer Assigning Editor
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- Writer/Analyst Volunteers to...