ReSOURCE's mission it to meet community and individual needs through (1) education and jobs skill training, (2) environmental stewardship, and (3) economic opportunities. We are looking for a highly qualified intern to work with our youth education programs. The Youth Education Intern will provide one-on-one employment skills training to youth in our Burlington Household Goods Store. The intern will develop and implement curriculum with the support of the Program Coordinator and the store managers. ReSOURCE's youth trainees gain both technical and soft skills employment development. All face barriers to employment such as learning and/or developmental disabilities.
Interns will assist in the following areas:
- Assist with hands-on employment and professional development trainings
- Provide constructive feedback to youth trainees on soft employment skills
- Participate in, and potentially facilitate, trainee evaluations
- Communicate with outside agencies and parteners
- Administrative tasks, including: research, filing, organizing, data entry & analysis
- Events planning
- Provide accommodations and one-on-one support to trainees when needed
* Preferably a junior or senior, enrolled in a degree program for education, social work, or similar field
* Must be comfortable with assisting youth with physical, learning, or developmental disabilities
* Intern should be of high integrity. self-motivated, and passionate about ReSOURCE's mission
Time Commitment: This opportunity is 4-8 hours/week, unpaid, and is an ideal resume-builder. Hours are flexible within business hours and school schedule. Please learn more about us online at resourcevt.org To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
(802) 658-4143 ex. 31
ReSOURCE: A Nonprofit Community Enterprise
266 Pine Street
Burlington, VT 05401
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Household Goods Store Volunteer
- Retail Merchandising Internship...
- Accounting Internship
- Website Upgrade Project...
- Photography & Graphic Design...
- SQL/MS Access Development...
- Development and Communication...
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Building Materials Store Volunteer
- Donated Books Volunteer
- Development and Marketing...
- YouthBuild Academic Support...
- Youth Education and Support...
- Store Marketing Intern
- Work Experience & Volunteer...
- Electrical Product Research...
- Social Entrepreneurship Internship
- Retail Brand & Design Intern
- AmeriCorps Every Body Works...
- YouthBuild Tutors Needed!!