Basecamp Content Manager
WhoWhatWhy provides the public with crucial information not normally unearthed or delivered by conventional media. We cover stories and angles others cannot or will not, with intelligence, honesty, and a hunger to know. We believe that the public has the right to the truth, that the truth changes minds--and that when you change minds, you change everything.
As many of WhoWhatWhy’s employees and volunteers are remote we utilize Basecamp to organize our communication, projects, and work so we have one central source.
The WhoWhatWhy Basecamp Content Manager will be responsible for overseeing the content that appears within BaseCamp. S/he will be responsible for maintaining continuity, streamlining navigation, moderating discussions, and assigning projects and tasks to employees as necessary.
- Establish and manage policies for the digital management of Basecamp.
- Responsible for moderating collaborative discussions to maintain focus. Duties may include but are not limited to: ensuring conversations remain within the boundaries of their original intention, creating a new discussion when "hot topics" are brought up out of scope of the conversation, identifying action items upon completion of a discussion and working to assign task leads.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of BaseCamp-specifically ensuring discussion posts are advancing and action items are resulting.
- Work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure consistent use of creative assets and proper tracking of posts Establish and execute relevant naming conventions, assortment & collection of boards, projects and discussions.
- Manage efficient delivery/access of Basecamp to WhoWhatWhy volunteers and employees.
- Review and maintain current and archived documents within Basecamp ensuring a repository is user friendly.
- Train and support volunteers and WhoWhatWhy employees on the uses and functionalities of Basecamp.
- Knowledge of digital resource management standards and best practices.
- Proven success in ability to work cross-functionally; able to work equally well with people in business, creative and technical positions.
- Able to apply sound judgment while working independently. Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent written communicator; able to write training materials and guideline documents and create clear summaries of conversations to determine what has been decided versus what remains to be decided.
- Self-motivated English-fluent individual committed to creating order; experienced in the development and adoption of processes.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours per week
- Ability to follow a project through to completion, self-starter, ability to function in virtual env.
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- Marketing Campaign Strategist
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Volunteer Assigning Editor
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Assistant Editorial Image Editor
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- Writer/Analyst Volunteers to...