Human Rights Committee Member
5 people are interested
We are seeking long term volunteers for our Human Rights Committee. The responsibility of the Committee is to promote, safeguard, and protect the human dignity and the legal rights and liberties of the participants served by Valley Educational Associates, Inc. consistent with the Department of Developmental Services. The committee reviews of agency protocols and practices while ensuring participant's rights are protected.
Candidates should have a background in one of the following fields:
- legal / paralegal / law student / attorney
- medical / nursing / health care / physician and or assistant
- parents / guardians / family of individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities
- employee / volunteer of an agency that uplifts adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities
- people with a general interest in promoting and protecting human rights
About VALLEY EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATES INC
PO BOX 46, HATFIELD, MA 01038, US
VEA's specialized professionals strive to improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
Valley Educational Assoc., Inc. is a private, non-profit agency providing employment and day services to developmentally disabled adults. The guiding principle that defines the goals of this agency is the belief that all people, regardless of the challenges they face, can effectively perform real work for real pay and become valuable members of their community.
We'll work with your schedule.
62 Main StreetHatfield, MA 01038
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
- Legal (General)
- 1 evening every-other month