Food Bank Shopping Floor Check-In Volunteer
6 people are interested
Alameda County Community Food Bank partners with more than 200 food pantries, hot-meal programs, senior centers and other non-profits to distribute millions of pounds of food every year. Some of our "partner agencies," as we call them, pick up the food they distribute from the "shopping floor" at our warehouse in Oakland.
The Shopping Floor Check-In Volunteer will act as a first point of contact for all visitors including regular shoppers and produce express users. With the increased activity on the distribution floor, there is a need for someone to be consistently present to greet, register, advise shopping rules and fill out the produce log sheet to assist the agency shoppers and the Food Bank Distribution Coordinator.
SFCIs are asked to commit to at least one weekday shift which are scheduled as follows:
Shift A- 7:00am-11am and Shift B- 11:00-3pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and sign-in all visitors to the shopping floor. Validate identity of agency shoppers.
- Direct the agency shoppers to the appropriate shopping area. Provide direct assistance to ensure proper agency shopping between produce pick and shopping with appointments
- Ensure agency shoppers accurately complete the Produce Log Sheet if utilizing Produce Express.
- Maintain a clean and welcoming entrance at the shopping floor.
- Provide assistance on any projects that can be worked and/or completed at the front desk such as cross-checking order list against items on shopping carts.
- When available, help shoppers to their vehicles
- Ensure proper coverage at all times accounting for the shift change period.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Great customer service skills and an ability to provide assistance to a wide range of people with different backgrounds and language barriers.
- Confidence in speaking with the public and asking direct questions.
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Food Bank and the ability to answer general questions about the organization
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Bi-lingual skills preferred but not required.
- Computer literacy a plus
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Food Bank
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances.
- Volunteer must be at least fifteen (15) years of age.
- Volunteer must be capable of standing for long periods. .
- Volunteer must demonstrate the ability to work with others.
- Volunteer must be willing to commit to six (6) months.
- This position is in an open warehouse environment and requires working for a full shift while exposed to seasonal weather temperatures.
- Volunteers must be comfortable working near and responding to moving vehicles, equipment and loud noises.
- Ability to participate/assist in physical tasks and/or activities which include: bending, reaching, lifting and moving pallets or products weighing in excess of 50lbs.
We'll work with your schedule.
7900 Edgewater DriveOakland, CA 94621
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- A weekly 4-hour shift for at least six (6) months