Citizenship Instructor Volunteer Opportunity in Southwest Regional Library
WhenWed Jan 10, 2018 06:00 PM - Tue Mar 05, 2019 07:30 PM
WhereSouthwest Regional Library16835 Sheridan StPembroke Pines, FL 33331
The Volunteer Citizenship Instructor teaches English literacy and U.S. History and government to adult Lawful Permanent Residents to prepare them for the naturalization interview and test to become a U.S. citizen.
Instructors for Citizenship Program - Areas of Assistance:
- Conducts routine group education classes on naturalization process, U.S. history and government and civic engagement at the assigned libraries
- Does mock interviews for students
- Explains USCIS naturalization eligibility requirements, rights and responsibilities of the Lawful Permanent Resident and US Citizen
- Ensures that students understand main issues and concepts of the naturalization process
- Distributes class materials to students
- Suggests new class materials to the Program Manager
- Ensures that all students sign in and complete in-take forms at each class
- Collects attendance sheets and completed in-take forms.
- Participate and promote Hispanic Unity as a Social Services Agency
- Perform other job related duties as required.
The ideal volunteer should have a strong sense of commitment to the principals and values of Hispanic Unity of Florida. H/she shall demonstrate deep knowledge and full understanding of U.S. History and government. Instruction experience is a plus. Strong written and oral communication skills are a must. This position requires strong organizational skills.
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Immigration Law
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hour every Wednesday (6:00PM - 7:30PM)
- Second language (Spanish) is a plus