The Volunteer Citizenship Instructor teaches English literacy and U.S. History and government to adult Lawful Permanent Residents to prepare them for the naturalization interview and test to become a U.S. citizen.
Instructors for Citizenship Program - Areas of Assistance:
- Conducts routine group education classes on naturalization process, U.S. history and government and civic engagement at the assigned libraries
- Does mock interviews for students
- Explains USCIS naturalization eligibility requirements, rights and responsibilities of the Lawful Permanent Resident and US Citizen
- Ensures that students understand main issues and concepts of the naturalization process
- Distributes class materials to students
- Suggests new class materials to the Program Manager
- Ensures that all students sign in and complete in-take forms at each class
- Collects attendance sheets and completed in-take forms.
- Participate and promote Hispanic Unity as a Social Services Agency
- Perform other job related duties as required.
The ideal volunteer should have a strong sense of commitment to the principals and values of Hispanic Unity of Florida. H/she shall demonstrate deep knowledge and full understanding of U.S. History and government. Instruction experience is a plus. Strong written and oral communication skills are a must. This position requires strong organizational skills.
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Immigration Law
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hour every Wednesday (6:00PM - 7:30PM)
- Second language (Spanish) is a plus