Want to join a great team in an established non-profit organization ? The Alliance Fran?aise of San Francisco is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization incorporated in the State of California since 1889. Its mission is to promote knowledge and appreciation of the French language and Francophone cultures.
The Alliance Fran?aise of San Francisco offers language courses for adults, children, and businesses; Cultural activities; language certifications; space rental and a library.
We are seeking an upbeat, creative, and detailed individual who wants to share its love for French language and Cultures ! You will make a big impact on our organization and team by creating a supportive , and productive work environment and ensuring that the office is functioning smoothly.
You will be an ambassador of Alliance Francaise de San Francisco to employees and clients alike. You will be helping directly the Academic and Administrative Director and the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
We need you to:
- Greet clients, visitors, vendors and team members and expose them to our culture
- Be a resource for or students and members alike, remembers names and personal details.
- Answer main phone line and emails and respond to general inquiries, relay messages
- Create and maintain up-to-date contact and organization records
- Process incoming and outgoing mail & packages
- Assist with scheduling classes
- Help students to enroll
- Maintain filing structure of soft and hard copies of documents
- Maintain the office and arrange necessary repairs, upkeep, safety and office modifications as needed
- Responsible for the general upkeep, organization, presentation and cleanliness of the office, break room, conference rooms, storage areas, etc.
- Act as safety liaison / office floor warden for potential emergency response
- Maintain stocks and inventory of books, supplies, hardware & accessories, etc.
- Manage employee equipment- maintain list of general office and employee equipment, product details, dates of purchase, warranty information, and user manuals
- IT support / coordination - support and resolution to these issues and other basic maintenance- If you have some basic computer maintenance skills
- Assist with human resource activities such as processing paperwork and filing.
- Provide administrative support : Proofreading and drafting templates
Qualifications and Skills
Who you are :
- BILINGUAL in French and English both spoken and written
- Great email etiquette as you will be sending / receiving emails on behalf of the company
- 2+ years of administrative assistant experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects
- High emotional intelligence and positive attitude: Ability to create and sustain strong interpersonal relationships.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and adopt a "no task too big or too small" attitude
- Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High level of confidentiality, discernment and judgment
- Experience with Google Apps, Excel, Slack, and other similar software
- Ability to learn new information and processes quickly
- Strong work ethic, team player, and commitment to the mission of the organization ?
Best schedule :
Tuesday -Thursday 9 am - 1 pm
Saturday 9 am -3 pm
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment