Under the general supervision of the Sr. Manager, Leadership Events, the Leadership Events Intern will be a key member of the Leadership Events team. The LE Intern will work on a variety of projects that will help develop their fundraising, event planning and marketing skills. These projects include timeline and revenue management of three (3) 2018 events, marketing assistance, event logistics, silent auction solicitation and community engagement initiatives. LE Intern will be required to attend two (2) Leadership Events, MS Soiree on Saturday, February 24, 2018 and Women on the Move Luncheon on Friday, May 11, 2018.
- Timeline, Revenue and Guest Management: (25%) The LE Intern will have access to an electronic document that tracks all aspects of assigned events which include: sponsorships, ticket and table sales, silent auction inventory, etc. The LE Intern will help the Leadership Events team members with organization of tracking document and the overall acknowledgement process. Assist with sponsorship and donor acknowledgements after events.
- Community outreach: (25%) The LE Intern will work inside and outside of the National MS Society office to establish partnerships with local businesses and organizations, encouraging participation and support, and solicitation of in-kind donations.
- Event promotion: (25%) Graphic art, program books, signage, PowerPoint, informational letters, emails, online calendars, media inquiries, etc. The LE Intern will help promote the MS Soiree, Women on the Move Luncheon and Cohn Weil Memorial Golf Outing to increase sponsorship, fundraising and ticket sales.
- Event logistics: (25%) Assist the Leadership Events team with logistical preparation, including day-of flow at assigned events. Also seek out ways to improve processes.
- Bring your own skills to the table: We strongly encourage new ideas and new perspectives and are eager to learn from our interns as well.
- Field of Study: Current undergraduate or graduate student pursing a degree in Marketing, Communications, Event Planning, or other related fields. (Recent graduates can also apply)
- Year in school: Junior or Senior
- Time Commitment: Duration: 18-20 weeks / Hours per week: part-time 10 -20 hours
- Minimum Experience/Skills:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student pursing a degree in Marketing, Communications, Event Planning, or other related fields. (Recent graduates can also apply)
- Excellent customer service skills; friendly demeanor on the phone and in person
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good organizational skills; detail-oriented; able to meet project deadlines
- Results oriented; commitment to raising funds to reach the established revenue goals
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Available day of events: MS Soiree on Saturday, February 24, 2018 and Women on the Move Luncheon on Friday, May 11, 2018. Opportunity to work at additional events during internship, based on availability and interest
- Ability to sit in front of computer for a length of time
- Ability to use phone equipment for a length of time
- Ability to lift 25-30 pounds
- Ability to work weekend event, MS Soiree on February 24, 2018
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours /week January – June
- Available day of events: MS Soiree 2/24/18, Women on the Move 5/11/18
- Walk MS 2018: Orland Park
- Winter/Spring 2018 Internships!...
- Walk MS 2018: Deerfield
- Basketball at the United Center?...
- Winter/Spring 2018 Internships!...
- Walk MS 2018: Lake in the Hills
- Walk MS 2018: Naperville
- Walk MS 2018: St. Charles
- Bike MS 2018: Tour de Farms June...
- Walk MS 2018: Rockford
- Walk MS 2018: Chicago, Soldier...
- Walk MS 2018: Schaumburg
- MS Soiree - Volunteer at our Jr....