The For a Day Foundation hosts themed therapeutic play events for children with cancer and other life threatening illnesses. These events are shown to boost self esteem and reduce anxiety related to their treatment and hospital stay. With our events, such as Queen for a Day and Hero for a Day, we bring smiles to children that haven’t smiled or laughed in weeks.
The Orlando Chapter is new and currently building its Resource Development Committee. We are looking for reliable, committed and enthusiastic volunteers to help raise funds and acquire needed items for our 2018-2019 hospital events. Qualified candidates should be at least 21 years of age, be active in the community, and understand the importance of relationship building.
You can contact the Orlando Chapter by:
1. Emailing Jessica at Orlando@foraday.org
2. Complete a 3 minute survey at www.surverymonkey.com/r/97XXH8G
3. Register on our website at www.foraday.org/volunteeropportunities and choose Orlando as your chapter of
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Children Medical Services
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 monthly meeting and other communication
- Special (non-hospital) volunteer activities available for those under 21.