Volunteer Event Coordinator
13 people are interested
Volunteers are crucial for the success of an event. They help the event run smoothly and ensure that every attendee has a wonderful experience.
Event Coordinators participate at both community and Lost Our Home Pet Rescue events to answer questions and help to spread our mission; to ensure that all pets have loving homes when families face major life challenges. Our vision is a world in which all pets have loving homes and are treated with dignity and respect.
Leads help coordinate LOH fundraising events and 3 rd party events.
This position will require excellent customer service and communication skills as well as access to the internet and availability to be able to check emails weekly.
SELECTION, TRAINING & COMMITMENT
Event Leads are approved by the Volunteer Services & Medical Manager (VSMM). They must have completed a Silver training session, and have at least 50 service hours. Event Leads must also be familiar with LOH adoption procedures and participate in Adoption Counselor training.
Occasionally, due to the presence of outstanding qualities, the VSMM may decide to elevate an outstanding candidate to Event before they have completed the required hours.
Event Leads must commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per month.
JOB DESCRIPTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively market LOH mission, services, programs and events
- Model and promote a humane and caring attitude toward all animals
- Provide excellent customer service and answer questions regarding animal welfare from the community
- Help other volunteers with set up and tear down of the event
- Stay up-to-date on the variety of services and opportunities at LOH
- Attend and act as point-person at event
- When required, counsel potential adopters (customers) in selecting a pet that fits their lifestyle, discuss the responsibilities of pet ownership, show animals to prospective adopters during shelter hours and at adoption events, give information about specific animals and explain the adoption process to inquiring adopters.
- Transport event items and animals using the LOH company vehicle
- Maintain communications with VSMM and volunteers who have signed up for events
- Work and coordinate with other LOH managers as needed
- Manage event preparations
- Check event bins to confirm all needed materials are contained in it
- Restock as needed
- Return materials/supplies to their storage area
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Physical ability to stand, walk, bend and stoop frequently to perform duties is required.
* Ability to perform prolonged strenuous physical activity, including lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 30 pounds alone, or up to 50 pounds with the help of fellow employees for short distances.
We'll work with your schedule.
2323 S. Hardy Dr.Tempe, AZ 85282
- Event Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 8-16 hours per month (2 events per month)
- Customer service, animal handling, detail-oriented