This committee provides the membership with news, information, and updates about our organization. The Media & Communications Committee is responsible for gathering and delivering electronic news on an ongoing basis.
- To develop a comprehensive strategy using media to communicate news timely and effectively.
- To assess communication needs and mechanisms to identify adequacy/deficiencies/improvement opportunities
- To re-evaluate communication program at least annually for current suitability and effectiveness.
- To contribute articles and ideas to the bi-monthly newsletter.
- To lead discussions on our organizations online profiles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and post relevant news and articles for the veteran community.
- To evaluate the media options for communicating The American Legion's mission for its members.
- Identify process and contacts to communicate with other Committees to ensure maximum mutual benefit and effectiveness.
- Assign people to projects and provide oversight.
The Committee meets as needed.
Committee Member Profile
- Value the importance of written communication, understand various media and communication tools, and be able to quickly evaluate best medium to obtain communication objective within time constraints.
- Be comfortable using online media as a communication tool.
- Have strong writing skills and the ability to think creatively.
- Be able willing to work independently, as well as part of this team, and to interact with other committees.
- Be flexible and creative!
- Be willing to work within deadlines. Strict adherence to time lines is imperative, since the responsiveness of this committee will influence the success of other committees.
- Have some newsletter, web design or writing experience, if possible.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 Hours per Week
- Veterans and Family Members Preferred