Cause for Celebration Associate Board Member Position
DONATE TO THIS
29 people are interested
Who We Are:
Cause for Celebration is a public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Run entirely by passionate volunteers, we believe that children deserve to be celebrated throughout the year, especially during the time that is just about them (their birthday). The Cause for Celebration mission is:
To provide homeless and foster youth with the opportunity to build positive self-worth through the power of celebration
Cause for Celebration is looking to expand its leadership support in the Los Angeles area. The purpose of the Associate Board is the reach a young population of community members to engage them in the Board development process, build future leaders and support fundraising and programing efforts in the Los Angeles area. The ideal candidate will have a strong connection to the mission of CFC. The Associate Board will support the overall mission of Cause for Celebration by acting as ambassadors, developing leadership skills, sharing technical skills and by engaging other community members in becoming the next generation of Directors.
* Enhance your resume and partake in important community service.
* Gain high quality, organized and focused volunteer experience.
* Develop your professional network through interaction with the CFC Executive Board of Directors and engaging other young professionals in supporting CFC.
* Learn about program management, outreach, fundraising, marketing, grant research and application.
* Support Cause for Celebration’s programing for homeless and foster youth.
* Develop leadership skills and the potential to join the CFC Executive Board of Directors in the future.
* Serve with a great group of people and have FUN!!!
* Be an enthusiastic community advocate for the mission of Cause for Celebration.
* Attend regularly scheduled Board meetings, held once every other month and additional committee meetings as needed.
* Attend one Cause for Celebration party annually.
* Plan and execute at least 2 major fundraisers.
* Actively participate in one of the Associate Board Committees
* Recruit, nominate and elect new Associate Board Directors.
* Represent and support Cause for Celebration key fundraising events.
* Provide technical skills in at least one of the areas for the benefit of Cause for Celebration’s Los Angeles programming:
Cause for Celebration Associate Board Members will consider the agency a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Cause for Celebration can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, CFC expects to have 100 percent of Associate Board Directors give a minimum annual contribution of $150.00 and fundraise/get a minimum contribution of $350 for a total required get give of $500 annually. Board Directors are also required to participate in planning at least 2 major fundraisers with other Associate Board Members.
Board members are asked to make at least a two-year commitment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Cause for Celebration’s mission and who is interested in building their professional network while expanding their leadership skills. Please send your resume and a brief statement on your interest in supporting the mission to Dawn Henderson at D.Henderson@cause4celebration.org
We'll work with your schedule.
5757 Uplander WayCulver City, CA 90230
- Financial Planning
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Quarterly Board Meetings