The Activities Committee will represent The American Legion Dyer-Gunnell Post 180 (Post 180) by attending events promoting veterans and building a rapport with collaborative partners. Committee members will provide content and submit relevant articles for placement in Post 180's social media and e-blast newsletters.
To plan social events that will be interesting, fun and multigenerational when appropriate. Activities include those events that do not occur routinely and that require above normal advance planning.
- To plan events, select date, write a description to be used in advertising, develop a budget for each event, and call people to help with events.
- Organize members to work on jobs required for each specific event, to purchase supplies needed,
and to help set-up, and clean-up.
- Write a follow-up report on the events.
- Working and communicating with the Executive Committee during the year.
Approx. Hours per Month
The Activities Committee meets as needed.
There are no specific term limits for committee members.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3.0 Hours per Month
- Veterans & their families preferred