VITAS is looking for musical volunteers who are able to play musical instruments and/or sing for hospice patients living at home, in the hospital or in long term care facilities...wherever they live. Visits are typically under one hour and scheduled weekly, bi-weekly or once a month.
Sometimes what a hospice patient needs most is a way to express feelings without talking. By playing or singing their favorite songs or hymns, VITAS music volunteers help patients and families reconnect with feelings and memories that can bring about a sense of peace and happiness.
Patients are so appreciative of the volunteers time and talents. They love the involvement and the fact music takes them to other places. It's a welcomed diversion. All music volunteers are partnered with our Music Therapists and Social Workers on the team. (Volunteers have plenty of guidance and help).
VITAS provides training on how to work with people at the end of life. The volunteer provides the talent, compassion and time. Assignments are made according to the volunteer’s time and location.
- Wind Instrument
- Keyboard Instrument
- Music Therapy
- Percussion Instrument
- String Instrument
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- depends on number of patients assigned
- Orientation, TB screening, Background ck. All paid by VITAS
- VITAS Bereavement Volunteer
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Craft Volunteers
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- Volunteer to bring Harmony and...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- VITAS Hair Care Volunteers