City of Peoria Youth Sports is looking for volunteer basketball coaches for the upcoming spring season! As a volunteer sports coach, you'll have the opportunity to be a positive role model for our youth while teaching sportsmanship, basketball skills, and teamwork.
Peoria sports leagues are a recreational, non-competitive setting with equal playing time. Coaches are required to attend 1 practice and 1 game per week for 8 week season. The practice location is at a local school gym and day can be chosen by the coach (Mon.-Thurs. only).
As a coach, you'll receive:
- Coaching credit for future season
- Volunteer coach T-shirt
- Indoor gym space reserved for practice
- Practice equipment
- Training sessions at coach meeting
- Resources such as practice plans, line up sheets, drills, etc.
- Coaches meeting will be held Thursday, February 1, 2018 at the Rio Vista Recreation Center (8866-A W. Thunderbird Road, Peoria, AZ 85381).
- Practices start week of February 12th.
- Games are Saturdays at various sites (8 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
- Basketball age divisions are: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-13.
- Ages 18+
- Complete coach application
- Complete online background check
- Attend coach meeting
How to Apply:
For more information, contact Peoria Sports at 623-773-7137 or email email@example.com
Visit our website: www.peoriaaz.gov/sports
- Outdoor Recreation
- Child Development
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week
- Volunteer coaches must complete a coach application, online background check, and finger printing.