There is a variety of volunteer opportunities available to you at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. If you have a passion for wildlife and saving species for future generations, this volunteer experience is for you! To apply visit: http://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/content/volunteer
Volunteer shifts with the Safari Park are very flexible and are available 7 days/week between 9am-5pm.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Information Ambassador: Greet guests, provide directional assistance, help guests plan their day.
- Interpretive Ambassador: Engage guests at different animal stations. Educate and enhance the guest experience using biofacts, props and interpretive techniques.
- Garden: Help care for and maintain the different gardens throughout the Safari Park.
- Enrichment: Build, paint, and create different toys, puzzles, props, and furnishings for animal exhibits.
- Special Events: Assist with check-in, exclusivity, and directions at special events including weddings, corporate meetings, picnics, etc.
More opportunities become available throughout the year.
Basic Qualification Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a positive attitude and strictly adhere to our world-class policies, procedures, grooming, and customer service standards
- Complete an online application, including references (http://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/content/volunteer)
- Successfully complete an interview with our volunteer interview panel
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of 60 hours annually
- Satisfactory completion of Orientation and Training Checklist
- Ability to meet and interact with a variety of people
To apply for this volunteer opportunity visit: http://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/content/volunteer. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select, 'Apply Online Here'.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Average of 5-10 hours per month