Dynamic environmental education non-profit is looking for a self-motivated, energetic marketing and public relations volunteer who embraces an "out of the box" mentality and believes that all things are possible when passion, intellect and fun intermingle on a daily basis. Candidate will work closely with the Marketing Coordinator and President to create and help execute the marketing plan and social media strategy.
Strong writing skills, detail oriented, able to multi-task, social media savvy. Knowledge of Social Media Platforms, Google Drive and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Wordpress and Creative Suite a plus.
- Use social media and traditional forms of media (i.e. print and email) to influence donor, community partner, and volunteer behavior in GTS’s primary areas of service.
- Create content for social media accounts - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Write a monthly story to be posted on GTS’s website and social media accounts.
- Use Content Management System to schedule and manage posts.
- Use editorial calendar and platforms such as Later and Hootsuite to plan out content marketing pieces.
- Identify other media outlet opportunities suitable for GTS promotion.
- Help monitor and track analytics of website and social media traffic using Google Analytics. Report all necessary and useful findings.
- Assist in updating and maintaining GTS’s email and postal mail distribution lists using Mailchimp.
- Attend GTS meetings, and stay updated on GTS events and activities.
- Substantially contribute and assist with the strategic direction of GTS’s mission.
- Attend GTS events, recognition, media, and fundraising as requested by President (a minimum of 3 events annually).
- Perform duties as requested by the President.
- Reports to the President.
Marketing major or closely related field. Graphic design background/minor a plus. Strong familiarity with social media and digital platforms. Excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional demeanor. This is an unpaid volunteer position.
For consideration, please email submissions to email@example.com.
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 to 4 hours a week