Finance Committee Chair - New York Metro Area
3 people are interested
Finance Committee Chair
Role of Finance Committee Chair (Volunteer Opportunity)
The role of the Finance Committee is to provide financial oversight for the organization. Typical tasks include budgeting and financial planning, financial reporting, and the creation and monitoring of internal controls and accountability policies. A fully engaged finance committee shows that our Non-profit is committed to good stewardship and is actively building and preserving the financial resources necessary to support the accomplishment of its mission.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of this Hands- On Volunteer role includes:
Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Assist with annual operating Chart of Accounts budget.
- Monitor adherence to the budget in coordination with the Treasurer.
- Work with the Treasurer, Audit, and QuickBooks support team to develop desired reports.
- Present financial reports to the full Board as needed.
Internal Controls and Accountability Policies
- Create, approve, and update as necessary accounting and financial policies that ensure that the assets of the organization are protected, in coordination with Audit and Governance.
- Ensure policies and procedures for financial transactions are documented in a manual and/or through policies. Review policies and procedures annually and update as necessary.
- Ensure approved financial policies and procedures are being followed.
- Oversee finance calendar of deliverables to ensure governmental filing deadlines are met.
CPA required. Understanding of Non-profit financial reporting and IRS 990-EZ required. Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
Volunteer Position Details
- Time Commitment: Minimum of 10-20 mostly virtual hours per month, including some evenings.
- Participate in periodic team meetings if located in the New York Metro Area.
- Please submit the following documents for consideration:
- Resume or CV
- Bio of 100-300 words
- Candidates may submit their materials electronically, via Word or as a PDF to email@example.com.
ABOUT IMAGE IMPACT INTERNATIONAL:
Image Impact International, Inc. (III) is a global Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to mentor first-generation college students to remain in college. Our programs get first-generation students across the finish line of graduation. Through our college to career bridge programs, we provide the leadership, communication, and professional skills needed for workplace success.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
VP Human Resources Marisol Rosero-Allen
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- 10-20 mostly Virtual hours per month
- Candidate from New York Metro area Preferred .