The Events Intern will assist Government and Industrial Relations staff over the spring and/or summer of 2018 with the organization and execution of special projects; primarily baseball and basketball sporting events Field of Dreams and Hoop Dreams. Involvement with several smaller agency events may be anticipated.
- Assist in organizing 2018 fundraising events
- Organize and assist in supervision of volunteers at events
- Research potential event sponsors
- Draft communication and emails to potential sponsors and individual donors
- Track fundraising efforts
- Assist in the logistical execution of events: including but not limited to guest lists, seating, scheduling, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
Candidates must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. A strong candidate will also have enthusiasm for events, a strong eye and memory for detail, and a good sense of humor. Candidates should also have a passion for doing good and be knowledgeable about marketing, public relations, and digital promotion sources such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Interest in basketball and baseball a plus.
Length of Commitment:
January - May 2018
May - August/Early September 2018
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Candidates must be available 2 days/week with a minimum of 10 hours/week. Additional hours are available.
How to Apply:
Please omplete our Online Application at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1825256508.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- VITA Tax Preparer – Everett...
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- VITA Tax Preparer – Mystic...
- VITA Tax Preparer – Parker...
- VITA Tax Preparer – Medford...
- Events Intern
- VITA Tax Preparer – Dorchester...
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- VITA Tax Preparer – Mattapan...
- Community Planning and Research...
- VITA Tax Preparer – Roxbury/N....