DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Northeast Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
Families come from all over the world to receive care at Cleveland's top-rated medical facilities. We understand that while they're here, parents need to focus on their children. We want to make it easy for them to do just that. The Cleveland Ronald McDonald House needs dedicated and reliable drivers to support our families, whether it's delivering meals to local hospitals or helping with shuttle service for House guests.
Required tasks may include
- Using House vehicles for pickups and deliveries, for example, meals and supplies to Hospital Family Rooms.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Purchasing (with House funds) gasoline or other House supplies, as directed by staff.
- Using House vehicles to transport families to pre-determined destinations, as requested by staff.
Transportation volunteers must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record and have the following skills:
- Ability to drive safely and to comply with House Motor Vehicle policy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with local roads and routes.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Requirements for all volunteer positions
- A commitment to the RMHC NEO mission.
- The ability to take direction but also work independently.
- Sensitivity to diverse populations.
- The flexibility to:
- Attend required continuing education seminar(s) each year.
- Attend an annual one-on-one conversation or review with a member of staff.
- A commitment to maintaining confidentiality regarding family information.
- The ability to maintain healthy boundaries and not take on families' troubles as one's own.
11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Monday, Tuesday or Thursdays
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Northeast Ohio
10415 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, US
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeast Ohio, Inc. is to enhance the healthcare experience for families and children through comfort, care and supportive services.
A Place of Healing and Hope.
Staying at a Ronald McDonald House enables families to focus on the health of their child rather than anything else - like paying bills or cooking meals. We preserve a sense of normalcy with prepared meals, comfortable beds, and recreational activities. Most importantly, we help families create connections with other families, staff, and volunteers. In doing this, families have a support system to turn to during the most stressful moments of their lives. We provide a safe, secure and supportive environment for families and have taken special care to help protect those staying with us from COVID-19.
The House That Love Built
The Cleveland Ronald McDonald House serves families with a child receiving treatment at any Cleveland area medical center. Centrally located in University Circle, the House is a short walk or ride from Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital and MetroHealth Medical Center. In addition to 55 guest rooms, the House offers comfortable living and play areas, a fully equipped kitchen, recreation room, family resource center, children's playroom and laundry room. Surrounding the House are beautiful gardens, winding walkways and benches.
The Ronald McDonald House stands as a symbol of comfort and support, to welcome any family who might need shelter. It's easy to see why we're known as "The House That Love Built."
Cleveland Ronald McDonald House10415 Euclid AvenueCleveland, OH 44106
January 16, 2024
- Bus/Van Driving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Three hours per week.
- All volunteers must be vaccinated against communicable diseases – chicken pox, measles, mumps, tuberculosis, Covid 19.