Social Services Intern-Unpaid
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where230 BroadwayNewark, NJ 07104
The Social Services Intern will assist with day-to-day operation of program, assist in facilitation of social/life-skills workshops, assisting STRIVE’s district-wide ListServe resource sharing system, assist in planning/coordinating college tours, trips and other career centered activities.
Project Learning Outcomes:
The intern will be closely supervised by a member of the STRIVE staff and receive training on program operation and facilitation. The intern will learn cross team communication and project management skills, as well as a higher proficiency of MS Suite skills. The intern will work with STRIVE and the Marion Bolden Center staff, high school students, and parents.
This is a great opportunity to enhance skills in organization, multi-tasking, communication, and program operations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled in a college degree program
- Experience working with MS office suite- basic Word, Excel and PowerPoint helpful
- Strong communication (oral, written and presentation) skills
- Must have professional presence and demeanor
- Experience working with children/adolescents highly desired
Position Type: Internship- Unpaid
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5-15 hours per week