International-Lawyers.Org is looking for a volunteer to assist to research and website and web-database creation as well as editing on research on the right to health as customary international law and other areas.
The volunteer must be able to:
- undertake intensive research on legal issues, therefore able to find legal sources (some guidance will be given, but the researcher will be expected to learn quickly during the experience);
- create and populate an online database with State Practice and opinio juris concerning the right to health as customary international law;
- assist in editing scientific article and associated publications;
- work at the library of the Palais des Nations (the United Nations Office in Geneva);
- regularly report on the accomplishment of tasks to the supervisor; and,
- be willing to devote the hours 9 am to 1 pm each Monday through Friday from 4 December 2017 to 27 April 2018.
- guidance from a lawyer and professor of law of more than 30 years experience;
- stipend of at the rate of 500 CHF per week; and,
- recognition of his or her contribution to resulting publications.
NB: Please read the above conditions and be sure you can commit the stated time and meet the minimum qualifications.
- Legal (General)
- Internet Research
- Website Programming
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 25 hrs/wk for 21 weeks December '17 to April '18
- Able to learn quickly and conduct high level research.